I hope you have had a good weekend, considering the circumstances. You would be aware that the Western Australian Premier has announced that schools will be open tomorrow, Tuesday 27 April 2021, and all students are expected to return to work.
Information about having groups of parents on site for events, and other possible restrictions, is pending, as we await further clarification through CEWA Executive Director, Dr Debra Sayce. I shall let you know as soon as possible.
All people over the age of 12, are expected to wear face masks. Below are the guidelines that we will follow and did so in February of this year.
Guidelines for Wearing Face Masks During Lockdown Transition
People over the age of 12
All staff members and individual visitors must wear a mask. Teachers may remove their mask during the conduct of a lesson to ensure clear enunciation and communication.
Students, Pre-kindergarten – Year 6
There is no requirement for students from Pre-kindergarten to Year 6 to wear a mask, however students may choose to wear a mask if they wish.
Students, Year 7 – Year 12
Students in Years 7 to 12 must wear a mask. Parents/Guardians are asked to provide their child with a mask so that he/she is fully prepared for school each day. Mask should be in keeping with school values with no slogans or inappropriate images.
Guidelines for Wearing Face Masks During Breaks
Staff and students in Years 7- 12 are required to wear a face mask during recess and lunch breaks.
Government regulations stipulate that people must be seated when eating. All Junior School and Middle and Senior School students will be seated for the first 5 minutes of recess and first 10 minutes of lunch.
Whilst students are seated and eating, they are permitted to take their face mask off.
Students are required to place their face mask back on as soon as they have finished eating.
The duty teacher will blow a whistle to signal the end of the eating period, at which time students are permitted to leave the seated areas. However, students who continue to eat after the whistle has been sounded will remain seated.
All students in years 7-12 are required to wear their face mask during breaks. This includes students who are playing on the Oval and students who are playing Four Square, Basketball, Soccer or other activities, even vigorous activities.
Calendared Events for this Week
- School photos – Junior School and Family photos will continue tomorrow. Secondary student photos are cancelled and will be rescheduled.
- Try-a-Trade Excursions – Still going ahead as advised. Students must wear masks.
- ONSITE TAFE Lessons – Continuing as normal. Students must wear masks.
- ONSITE Work Placement – Cancelled this week.
- Year 10 Career Expo (Friday) – Cancelled.
- GRIP Student Leadership Conference (Student Executive Leaders) Perth Convention Centre – Cancelled
- ANZAC Service – Continuing as normal.
- Junior Assembly – Continuing and will be ‘live streamed’ for parents, unless advised otherwise.
- Junior School Mass on Wednesday to go ahead. Students only unless otherwise advised.
- Eucharist workshops on Wednesday to be rescheduled.
- More details about the CPSSA swimming carnival on Thursday are to come.
Your continued cooperation during these challenging times is necessary for the wellbeing of the entire community and is very much appreciated.
Ms Julie Hornby