Thank you for your cooperation in response to yesterday evening’s announcement.
Our priority, as always, remains the safety and well-being of our students and staff, and there are some minor adjustments for these final days of Term Two.
As you are aware, the Premier of Western Australia has announced a four-day Circuit-breaker Lockdown for the Perth and Peel regions effective 12.01am this morning (Tuesday) 29 June 2021.
In accordance with the lockdown directives schools in the Perth and Peel regions remain open subject to restrictions.
Parents may choose to keep their children at home. Students should not attend school if:
• they or their parents have visited any of the identified locations as per: https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/404?item=%2farticles%2fa_e%2fcoronavirus%2flocations-visited-by-confirmed-+cases&user=extranet%5cAnonymous&site=healthywa
Anyone who has visited any of the identified locations should be reminded to remain home and be tested.
• if they are unwell or have a medical referral to learn from home – where a student’s pre-existing medical condition is already known to the school, no medical evidence is required. Students who are unwell should stay at home. Parents are asked to seek medical advice if their child exhibits symptoms of COVID-19. Normal processes for advising the school of a child’s absence will apply, unless the information is provided to a school by the Department of Health.
Secondary School students and all staff must wear a face mask at all times, unless:
• the person has a medical exemption which makes wearing a face covering unsuitable;
• when teachers, educators and carers are teaching, interacting with or caring for children, they are permitted to remove their masks if the mask interferes with their ability to clearly communicate with students. However, if teachers, educators and carers feel they are able to be clearly understood they may choose to wear their masks at all times;
• the person is engaged in strenuous physical exercise;
• the person is consuming food, drink or medicine and provided the person is seated at the time.
Students in primary schools are exempt from wearing a mask, regardless of their age.
Parents and caregivers
• Parents and caregivers are allowed on school sites for pick up and drop off purposes only unless they have visited any of the identified locations as per:
• They must wear a mask and adhere to COVID-19 Safe guidelines including physical distancing of 1.5 metres between adults while they are on College grounds.
Parents and visitors cannot enter the Administration area at this time. Parents with queries about enrolments or finance can communicate via phone 9297 7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For all other enquiries, please contact our Administration staff on 92977 600 email@example.com. We welcome your contact and hope we can assist you in the best possible way.
Events, Sporting Competitions, Work Placements, Camps and Excursions
All events have been cancelled or rescheduled.
The LifeLink Sleepout has been rescheduled to occur on Thursday 2 September 2021 and the LifeLink Sleepout Assembly on Friday 3 September 2021.
All in-class assessments have been postponed this week until next term.
READINESS FOR REMOTE LEARNING
We are preparing for ‘remote learning’ should the need arise, even after the school holidays. If this situation occurs, more information will be forthcoming if required.
We will continue to:
• wear masks as per the Department of Health face covering requirements;
• practise 1.5 metres physical distancing, where possible;
• adhere to the 2 square metre per adult and venue capacity rule of 150 adult pax;
• follow good hand and respiratory hygiene practices;
• undertake regular cleaning of our facilities, and
• implement our COVID-safe plans.
We continue to keep those affected by COVID in our prayers as well as those working and caring alongside those who are ill.
Ms Julie Hornby