The College enrolments now exceed 1100 students. Consequently, there is considerable demand for parking spaces and pressure at peak times of student movement at the beginning and end of the school day. We must be patient, especially during peak times of pick up and drop off, to ensure the safety for our students.
There are three car parks within the College grounds, parents are asked to consider using the car parks off Coolamon Drive or Westgrove Drive to relieve pressure on the main car park off Strathmore Parkway.
Shortly, the Stage 6b building project will commence. As part of this, pedestrian access to the College from Westgrove Drive carpark into the College has changed. You will now be required to follow the pathway between the construction site and the new courts around behind the Lyon building through the gate near the swing. Entry via the service road gate will no longer be accessible. We appreciate your support with this.
Parking Bays – Coolamon Drive
The car park off Coolamon Drive has more than 50 bays. Students can easily access the College grounds via the pathway leading past the courts and the New Norcia building.
Westgrove Drive Car Park
Most Middle and Senior School students begin the day in their House Tutor Groups in the Paris/Dublin and Trayning/Subiaco buildings, which are best accessed via the car park off Westgrove Drive. Additionally, students’ lockers are housed in these buildings. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to drop-off and pick-up students from the car park off Westgrove Drive.
Note that this area is not marked for Kiss and Drive. To maintain safety parents must stop in a parking bay before students enter or leave the vehicle. Instances of cars stopping in the middle of the drive have presented a safety hazard.
Also, please do not drive through to the car park near the Maintenance sheds, as these bays are reserved for service vehicles and staff.
Drive through Kiss and Drive – off Strathmore Parkway
Key aspects of this procedure include the following:
The Kiss and Drive doubles as an undercover area for students during the day. So:
- gates to the Kiss and Drive will be open in the morning from 8.10am and close at 8.40am.
- gates will reopen in the afternoon from 2.40pm and close at 3.30pm
- Student drop-off and pick-up will only be permitted in the drive through area in the front car park (see the diagram below). This is not a parking zone.
- Students must wait in this area until their parents enter the drop-off/pick-up zone before alighting from the car or getting into the car.
- Where students are not present to be picked up parents will be required to immediately drive off and re-join the queue. This will ensure an orderly flow of traffic.
- Kiss and Drive is only accessible for students in Year One – Year Twelve. Students in Pre-kindergarten – Pre-primary must be collected directly from the classroom.
In addition, the City of Swan has developed a school parking initiative. This can be found by visiting the following website. Please ensure you are adhering to these local laws.
We take our responsibility for the safety of your children very seriously. Your support and cooperation is sincerely appreciated.
Mrs Kylie Day