The Christmas Appeal will be launched this week. Baskets will appear in all HTG rooms and classrooms and we hope that they will be filled with lots of goodies for the families in need to be distributed by the Ellenbrook Parish St Vincent de Paul group. A Christmas tree will appear in the Front Office on the first day of December but labels for you to use in helping to choose gifts to go under the tree will be available in the front office at the end of the week. There is a need for gifts for children from age 8 – 10.
So that the gifts and foods will be easy and appropriate for the Society to use please consider the following criteria from them.
- Vinnies can only distribute non-perishable food items.
- To uphold the dignity of people receiving hampers, Vinnies is unable to accept pre-opened packaged items or second hand items. Please also ensure that all food items have a long expiry/ best before date.
- For safety reasons, please do not gift wrap any items.
- Supermarket gift cards are always a great idea! This means families can experience the joy of purchasing their own food items for Christmas day.
- We don’t encourage gift / toy donations however should this be what you are looking to donate please consider a toy store gift card so parents can experience the joy of purchasing their children a personalised gift they have been asking for.
- Financial donations are also acceptable and are tax deductable should they be over $2.
In advance, I would like to thank all families for their previous support and hope that this year will have even stronger support.
(Coordinator of Ministry)